Latest

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

16 October 2018

Learn English With Series, The Crown Episode 1


Related image

♪ What can I give Him ♪

474
♪ Poor as I am? ♪

475
[choir] ♪ If I were a shepherd [A1] 

476
♪ I would bring a lamb ♪

477
[all] ♪ If I were a wise man ♪

478
♪ I would do my part ♪

479
♪ Yet what I can I give him ♪

480
♪ Give my heart ♪

481
[clapping]

482
Thank you.

483
Thank you. Thank you.

484
-[bell rings]
-[Charles laughs]

485
Very good. Charles, come on.

486
-Alright.
-No, Mummy.

487
Ma'am, His Majesty has requested
you attend him in his study.

488
Urgently[A2] requested, ma'am.

489
Alright.

490
Will you take them?

491
I'll be back soon.

492
[nanny] Off we go then!

493
In case you're wondering,
I haven't anything specific to say.

494
Just wanted to spend time with you.

495
[chuckles]

496
If there's anything you wanted to ask me,
just fire away[A3] .

497
Are they a nuisance[A4] ?

498
Oh, the boxes.

499

500
-Even at Christmas.
-Even at Christmas.

501
Well, what's inside?

502
Everything they want me to know,
they stick on top.

503
Everything they'd rather I didn't know,

504

505
they tuck away [A9] at the bottom.

506
Which is why... the first thing I do
when no one is looking, is this.

507
[slam[A10] box on table]

508
-[breathless chuckle]
-[laughs]

509
[coughs]

510
Will you take that? Thank you.

511
[coughing]

512
[sighs]

513
Yeah.

514
Don't you get sick of it all?

515
[sighs] I do.

516
-And lonely?
-[sighs]

517
Sometimes.

518
Which is why it's so important
to have the right person by your side.

519
I've been very lucky in that regard
with your mother.

520
How's your fellow?[A11] 

521
-Philip?
-Mm.

522
Well, he...

523
Well, I'm afraid he's become something
of a snagaholic.

524
A what?

525
Well, you know we're renovating[A12]  Clarence
House to make it our permanent home?

526
Mm, yes.

527
Well, ever since[A13]  he started
supervising [A14] the work,

528
he can't look at anything
without seeing its faults.

529
"That switch[A15]  is an inch too high.
And that door handle's wrong."

530
"Well, don't be silly," I say.
"A handle's a handle."

531
I should make more of an effort [A16] with him.

532
Take him shooting.

533
-Would he like that?
-Yes, I think he'd love it.

534
And then when your health's improved,
we'll return to Malta

535
and he'll have his navy again,
and all will be well.

536
Of course.

537
But, in the meantime...
I'm still not yet well enough to travel.

538
Not long distances, anyway.

539
Which brings me
to the forthcoming[A17]  Commonwealth tour.

540
I was wondering if you would consider

541
My health is improving
but I'm still not yet well enough.

542
-Well, if you think we're up to it.
-You'll be fine.

543
-Where is it?
-Well...

544
Ceylon. Australia.

545
Then on to New Zealand. Bermuda.

546
And there's talk[A19]  of starting in Kenya.

547
Very good!

548
Right, we'll be gone months.

549
Yes. But it would mean so much
to papa that we do it.

550
-What am I supposed to do all that time?
-Don't worry, we'll put you to work.

551
My work is as a naval officer,

552
while you cut ribbons!

553
-What about the children?
-The children will be fine.

554
Oh! Without their parents
for months on end?

555
-Daddy, can you come and play?
-I won't be a moment, darling.

556
If you go and play with grandpapa,
I'll be right over. Good boy.

557
[Queen Elizabeth] Come on, darling,
Daddy's busy. Come and start again.

558
-[Charles] Daddy's coming.
-They won't know.

559
-They're too young to notice.
-Come on. Be quiet.

560
It would so help in papa's recovery.


[A1]Shepherd: Çoban

[A2]Urgent: Acil

[A3]Fire away: Durma, yap! Konuşmaya başlamak, silahı ateşlemek

Fire away at: Soru yağmuruna tutmak

Fire away (at someone): Birine saydırmak, birini eleştirmek

[A4]Nuisance: Dert, sıkıntı, sıkıcı şey, sıkıcı şey veya kimse

[A5]Keep on top of something: Bir şeyden (gelişmeler vb) haberdar olmak

[A6]Cabinet meetings: Kabine toplantısı

[A7]Foreign Office: Dışişleri bakanlığı

[A8]Briefing: Kısa toplantı, bildiri

[A9]Tuck away: Gizlemek, saklamak, doldurmak

[A10]Slam into something: Vurmak (doğal afet, kriz, kaza vb)

Slam into something: Bir yere vurmak, çarpmak

Slam down: İndirmek(hızlı ve gürültülü bir şekilde)

[A11]Fellow: Herif, hemcins, bir bilim kurumunun üyesi, dost, yoldaş, sevgili, eş

[A12]Renovate: Yenilemek, restore etmek

Renovate the guest room: Misafiir odasını yenilemek

Renovate the house: Evi yenilemek

[A13]Ever since: O tarihten beri, –den beri sürekli olarak,

Ever since I could remember: Kendimi bildim bileli

[A14]Supervising: İdare etme, yönetme, kontrol etme, denetleme

[A15]Switch: Anahtar, şalter, düğme, değiştirmek

[A16]Make effort: Çaba harcamak, gayret göstermek,

Make a great effort: Çok çaba göstermek

Make a tremendous effort: Çok çabalamak

You should make more of an effort to fit in: Buraya uyum sağlamak için daha çok çabalamalısın

[A17]Forthcoming: Önümüzdeki, gelecek olan, yakında,

Forthcoming elections: Yaklaşan seçimler

Forthcoming period: Önümüzdeki dönem

Forthcoming days: Önümüzdeki günlerde

[A18]Step into someone’s shoes: Birinin yerini doldurmak, (iş, görev) birinin yerine geçmek

[A19]Talk: Söylenti, dedikodu

[A20]Grinning: Sırıtma,

Grin: Sırıtmak, pis pis gülmek

[A21]Demented: Çıldırmış kaçık, deli

Dement: Deli

[A22]Ape: Maymun, taklitçi, taklidini yapmak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages