Latest

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

19 December 2018

Learn English With Songs, "Laura Marling-What He Wrote", (Peaky Blinders)







Forgive[A1] me Hera,

I cannot stay[A2] .

He cut out [A3] my tongue[A4] ,

There is nothing to save[A5] .


Love me, oh Lord. He threw me away[A6] ,

He laughed at my sin[A7] s, in his arm[A8] s I must stay.


He wrote, I'm broke[A9] .

Please send[A10] for me.

But I am broken too,

And spoken for[A11] .

Do not, tempt[A12] me.


Her skin[A13] is white

And I'm light as the Sun,

So holy[A14] light shines, on the things, you have done.


So I asked him,

How he became[A15] this man?

How did he learn,

To hold[A16] fruit[A17] in his hands?


And where is the lamb[A18] that gave you your name?

He had to leave though I beg[A19] ged him to stay.


Left me alone, when I needed the light.

Fell[A20] to my knees and I wept for my life.


If he had of stayed, you might understand.

If he had of stayed, you never would've taken my hand.


He wrote,

I am low.

Please send for me.

But I am broken too,

And spoken for.

Do not tempt me.


And where is the lamb, that gave you your name?

He had to leave, though I begged him to stay.


Begged him to stay, in my cold wooden[A21] grip[A22] .

Begged him to stay, by the light of this ship[A23] .


Me fighting him,

Fighting light,

Fighting dawn[A24] .

And the wave[A25] s came,

And stole[A26] him,

And took him to war.


He wrote,

I'm broke.

Please send for me.

But I am broken too,

And spoken for.

Do not tempt me.


Forgive me, Hera, I cannot stay.

He cut out my tongue, there is nothing to save.

Love me, oh Lord. He threw me away.

He laughed at my sins, in his arms I must stay.


We write.

That's all right.

I miss his smell.


We speak,

When spoken to.

That suit[A27] s us well.

That suits us well

That suits me well.


Laura Marling - What He Wrote (Peaky Blinders)



[A1]Forgive: Affetmek

[A2]Stay: Kalmak

[A3]Cut out: Kesmek

[A4]Tongue: Dil

[A5]Save: Kurtarmak

[A6]Throw away: Atmak

[A7]Sin: Günah

[A8]Arm: Kol

[A9]Broke: Züğürt, meteliksiz, parasız

[A10]Send: Yollamak, göndermek

[A11]Spoken for: Rezerve etmek, ayrılmış, rezerve edilmiş

[A12]Tempt: Kışkırtmak, baştan çıkartmak, cezbetmek, ayartmak

[A13]Skin: Ten, deri

Skin: Soymak

[A14]Holy: Kutsal

[A15]Become: Haline gelmek, olmak

[A16]Hold: Tutmak

[A17]Fruit: Meyve

[A18]Lamb: Kuzu

[A19]Beg: Yalvarmak

[A20]Fall: Düşmek, inmek

Fall on one’s knees: Diz çökmek

Bend the knee: Diz çökmek

[A21]Wooden: Ahşap

[A22]Grip: El, sap, tutacak

Grip: Kavramak, tutmak

[A23]Ship: gemi

[A24]Dawn: Şafak

[A25]Wave: Dalga, dalgalanmak

Wave: El sallamak,

[A26]Steal: Çalmak

[A27]Suit: Uymak

Well suit: Uymak, örtüşmek,

Suit very well: Çok yakışmak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages