Latest

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

23 October 2018

Improve Your English With Tv Series, The Crown Episode 3


Image result for the crown episode 3


[child] Gina! Gina! Ella!

 2
-Gina! Carina! Ella!
-Gina! Carina! Ella!

 3
[dog barks]

 4
Gina! Carina!

 5
Gina! Carina!

 6
Ella! Ella!

 7
[phone ringing]

 8
[man] Hello, Winston, this is Operations.

 9
-Are you hearing me?
-Hear you clearly.

 10
Stand by [A1] for testing.

 11
-Testing now.
-Testing five, four, three, two, one.

 12
[dogs bark]

 13
Mummy.

 14
I've come to make a final representation[A2] .

 15
And to beseech[A3]  you not to do this.

 16
I wish to address my people.
It's my right.

 17
You have forfeit[A4] ed that right.

 18
There are things I wish to say.

 19
In which capacity?
You're no longer their king.

 20
As a private individual[A5] .

 21
Oh, no one wants to hear
from a private individual.

 22
Well, I beg to differ[A6] .
The newspapers are for me.

 23
The best thing for everyone
would be if you said your goodbyes

 24
quietly, privately,
and disappeared into the night.

 25
Preferably[A7]  never to return.

 26
-I didn't say that.
-But you thought it.

 27
Admit it.

 28
Elizabeth! Margaret! Come inside!

 29
[man on radio] This is Windsor Castle.

 30
There follows an important announcement
from his Royal Highness,

31
the Duke of Windsor.

 32
A few hours ago, I discharge[A8] d my last duty

33
as King and Emperor[A9] .

34
And, now that I have been succeeded
by [A10] my brother,

35
the Duke of York,

36
my first words must be to declare
my allegiance to him.

37
This I do with all my heart.

38
-[girls laugh]
-Come along, girls.

39
you all know the reasons which have
impelled me to [A11] renounce[A12]  the throne.

40
-I have found it impossible to carry...
-Girls. Girls!

41
...the heavy burden of responsibility
and to discharge my duties as King,

42
as I would wish to do,

43
without the help and support
of the woman I love.

44
This decision has been made less difficult
to me by the sure knowledge

45
that my brother
has one matchless [A13] blessing[A14] ...

46
-Come in. Both of you.
-...enjoy[A15] ed by so many of you,

47
and not bestowed on [A16] me.

48
A happy home, with his wife and children.

49
And now we all have a new king.

50
I wish him, and you, his people,
happiness and prosperity[A17] ...

51
with all my heart.

52
God bless you all.

53
God save the King.



[A1]Stand by: Beklemede kalmak, seyirci kalmak

[A2]Make a representation: Sunum yapmak, fikrini belirtmek

Make representations to a legal authority about someone: Şikayetçi olmak

[A3]Beseech: İstirham etmek, rica etmek, yalvarmak

[A4]Forfeit: Ceza olarka kaybetmek, yoksun kalmak, ihmalden dolayı kaybedilen şey

Forfeit one’s licence: Ruhsatını kaybetmek

Forfeit the right: Hakkını kaybetmek

[A5]Private individual: Birey, özel şahıs,

[A6]Beg to differ: Aynı düşüncede olmamak, aynı fikirde olmamak

Beg to differ with someone: Birisiyle aynı düşüncede/görüşte olmamak

I beg to differ: Maalesef aynı görüşte değilim

[A7]Preferably: Tercihen

[A8]Discharge: Taburcu etmek(hastayı), tahliye etmek, işten atmak, görevden çıkarmak, karar bozmak, görevine son verme, sorumluluktan kurtulma

[A9]Emperor: İmparator

[A10]Be succeeded by: Birinin yerine başka biri gelme, (görevini vb.) devretmek

[A11]Impelled to: Bir eyleme girişmiş

Impel: Yöneltmek, harekete geçirmek, sevk etmek

[A12]Renounce: Feragat etmek, vazgeçmek(bir haktan/imtiyazdan)

[A13]Matchless: Benzersiz, eşsiz, eşi benzeri olmayan, alternatifsiz, eşi, benzeri olmayan

[A14]Blessing: Tanrı’nın lütfu, hayır, dua, kutsama

[A15]Enjoy: Zevk almak, tadını çıkarmak, keyfini çıkarmak

[A16]Bestow on: İhsan etmek, -e vermek,

Bestow a priviliege on: Birini kayırmak, iltimas geçmek

[A17]Prosperity: Refah, bolluk,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages