Latest

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

19 January 2019

Dizilerle İngilizce (English With Series), The Crown Episode 10 Part 1


Image result for the crown episode 10


 [music plays]
...and then I swing you around [A1] there.

2
 [both laugh]

3
Darling!

4
A bit smoother,[A2] 
and then very, very close together.

5
 [knocking, door opens]

6
The Duke and Duchess of York,
Your Majesty.

7
I won't see her. Just my brother.

8
-I gather you've made your decision.
-I have.

9
I'm afraid you won't thank me for it.

10
-Is she really worth it?
-I love her with all my heart.

11
Of course,
but more than your own... country?

12
Hmm?

13
More than your own family?
More than your own brother?

14
Yes.

15
You'll be fine.

16
You have a wife by your side
and heirs to spare[A3] .

17
My daughters.

18
This will... crush them.

19
If you stand down, I shall want you
and that woman gone for good.

20
Brother has indeed turned against brother.

21
Pay me to, brother...

22
and I'll be gone forever.

23
A sailor went to sea, sea, sea
To see what he could see, see, see 

24
But all that he could see, see, see

25
Was the bottom
Of the deep blue sea, sea, sea

26
A sailor went to me, me, me
To see what he could me, me, me 

27
Ms. McDonald. His Majesty has asked
to see the two princesses.

28
 [Ms. McDonald] Right. Come along, girls.

29
Lilibet.

30
Margaret.

31
 [George] Your uncle has let us all down[A4] .

32
He put love before family

33
Now I want you to promise me one thing...

34
that you will never put anyone or anything

35
before one another.

36
You are sisters above all else.

37
And must never let one another down.

38
Understood?

39
Never.

40
Never.

41
-[Queen] Happy birthday, Margaret.
-[Margaret] Thank you.

42
So, I've done what you all asked
and waited two years,

43
but now that I am 25,

44
and free to decide for myself
whom I will marry,

45
it is with great pleasure...

46
Thank you.

47
...great pleasure and pride,
that I say I am still committed to Peter.

48
I've kept my side of the bargain[A5] .

49
-Now I'm hoping you'll keep yours.
-Of course.

50
-[all] Happy birthday!
-Thank you!

51
 [bell rings]

52
-Afternoon, Ma'am.
-Yes, thank you, Michael.

53
One or two bits and pieces[A6] .

54
A request from our neighbor,
Captain Farquharson,

55
wanting to lease[A7]  a few acres
of Balmoral grouse land[A8] 

56
in exchange for the acres
which we leased from him last year.

57
Now, I spoke to the head keeper

58
and he advised checking nest[A9] stocks
before responding.

59
Yes, that seems very sensible[A10] .

60
And a card from the Mayor of Easter Ross,
whose 70th it is this year.

61
Yes, he's not been well, has he?

62
A stroke, earlier in the year,
but he'll mend[A11]  now, I'm happy to say.

63
Good.

64
That's everything from me, Ma'am.
Anything from you?

65
Yes. An instruction
to put things in motion[A12] ,

66
as regards Group Captain Townsend's
return to the country.

67
-Ma'am?
-As you know,

68
my sister is now free from the constraints[A13] 
of the Royal Marriages Act

69
and no longer requires
my consent [A14] to marry.

70
Yes.

71
What is it that you're not saying,
Michael?

72
Well, there is still the other hurdle[A15] .

73
The second part
of the Royal Marriages Act.

74
The fact that Her Royal Highness
has turned 25

75
merely means that she has reached an age
76
where she can give notice[A16] 
of her intention to marry.

77
Not that she is free to marry.

78
What?

79
Well, if both
Houses of Parliament approve,

80
only then, after 12 months have expired[A17] 
can the marriage take place[A18] 

81
and any marriage
contracted[A19]  in defiance[A20]  of [A21] these rules

82
would be void[A22] .

83
Why did no one tell me this at the time?

84
To which I hope you replied...

85
"It's always been there, Ma'am,
in black and white[A23] ."

86

Yes, but no one drew my attention to[A24] it
or said anything.

87
This is going to be very difficult.

88
I'm sorry.

89
I do feel that we've left her
in a difficult spot[A25] .

90
 [Lascelles] The Queen Mother
always believed that two years

91
separation would be long enough
for Princess Margaret

92
to lose interest in the Group Captain

93
and the whole thing to go away.
But she hasn't, and it hasn't.

94
And if anything, the Queen's dilemma
at the heart of it [A26] all is only more acute[A27] .

95
Either she puts her foot down[A28] 
and forbids the marriage...

96
That turns sister against sister and
splits the Royal house down the middle.

97
...or she permits[A29]  the marriage,
setting a collision[A30]  course[A31] 

98
with the Church
of which she herself is the Head.

99
Well, let me give it some more thought.
We'll speak in the morning.

100
-Good night, Michael.
-Thank you, sir.



[A1]Swing around: Dönüvermek

Swing sword around: Kılıç sallamak

[A2]Smoother: Yumuşak

[A3]To spare: Rezerv, fazla

Enough and to spare: Yeter de artar bile

Spare some time to: Zaman ayırmak

[A4]Let someone down: Hüsrana uğratmak, birini yüzüstü bırakmak

[A5]Keep one’s side of the bargain: Sözünü tutmak, üstüne düşeni yapmak

[A6]Bits and pieces: Ivır zıvır, ufak tefek şeyler, kırıntılar

[A7]Lease: Kiralamak

[A8]Grouse land: Ormantavuğu arazisi

[A9]Nest: Yuva, kuluçka, yuva yapmak, iç içe yerleştirmek

[A10]Sensible: Mantıklı, akla uygun, duyarlı

[A11]Mend: İyileştirmek, onarmak, tamir etmek

Mend a broken heart(idiom): Kırık bir kalbi onarmak

[A12]Put/set something in motion: Harekete geçirmek

Put in motion: Devindirmek

Motion: Hareket, önerge,

[A13]Constraint: Kısıtlama, baskı,

[A14]Consent: Rıza göstermek, razı olmak, onay

[A15]Hurdle: Engel(yarışlarda), parmaklık, çit, engeli aşmak, engelli koşu yapmak

[A16]Give notice: Haber vermek, bildirmek

[A17]Expire: Süresi dolmak, sone nefesini vermek, geçerliliği kalmamak

Expired: Son kullanma tarihi geçmiş, süresi dolmuş

Guarantee expire: Garanti süresi bitmek

One’s commission to expire: Görevi sona ermek

One’s visa to expire: Vize süresi dolmak

[A18]Take place: Meydana gelmek, gerçekleşmek, olmak, vuku bulmak

[A19]Contracted: Kontratlı, sözleşmeli

[A20]Defiance: Baş kaldırma, karşı koyma,

[A21]In defiance of: Hiçe sayarak, meydan okuyarak, aykırı olarak

[A22]Void: Hükümsüz, geçersiz

[A23]In black and white: Yazılı olarak, yazılı biçimde, basit ve yalın

Put something down in black and white: Yazıya dökmek

Stop seeing things in black and white: At gözlüğünü çıkarmak

[A24]Draw attention to (a point): Parmak basmak, dikkati bir yöne çekmek

[A25]Be in a tight spot: Zor durumda olmak

[A26]At the heart of: -in tam ortasında, -in temelinde

[A27]Acute: Şiddetli, yoğun, keskin, akut

Acute accent: Tiz aksan

Acute pain: Şiddetli/akut ağrı

[A28]Put one’s foot down: Sert bir dille uyarmak, yasaklamak, ayak diremek

[A29]Permit: İzin vermek

[A30]Collision: Çarpışma, fikir ayrılığı, çatışma. Çarpışma(iki aracın)

[A31]Set a course: Rota/yol belirlemek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages